This bread is so delicious and filling your kids will beg for more. Plus you are getting a serving of vegetables before the day even starts.
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ¼ cup shredded zucchini
- 2 eggs (or 2 tablespoons flax-seed mixed with 5 tablespoons water)
- ¾ cup natural creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place oats in food processor and grind until you have the consistency of flour. Add salt, cinnamon, and baking soda to the oats.
In a separate bowl mix eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, and peanut butter. Grate you zucchini and squeeze out excess water with a paper towel. Blend the zucchini into the egg mix.
Mix dry and wet ingredients together and add chocolate chips.
Grease a standard bread pan and pour batter into the pan. Bake for 40 minutes. Check to make sure it is done. Once it is done, place it on a cooling rack for 15 minutes.
Find me on: