It’s that time of year. There is a chill in the air, football is on TV, and the smell of this savory chili is wafting through the house. This chili warms the soul and the best part is that it is quick and easy to make. It even freezes well so it can be a quick meal or treat down the road.
Serves 8-10. Cook time: 2-3 hours.
- 1 ½ lbs. lean ground beef or lean ground turkey
- 1 ½ lbs. Jimmy Deans Spicy Sausage
- 3 green peppers, diced
- 2 large onions, diced
- 3 x 15 oz. cans of Bush’s Chili Beans
- 2 x 15 oz. cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 x 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 4 tbsp. chili powder
- 3 jalapeño peppers, diced (optional)
- Brown all the ground beef and sausage then drain the grease.
- In 8 quart or larger stock pot, mix all the ingredients together, without draining the beans or tomatoes. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.
- If you are going to be out of the house you can cook this in a crock pot on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- You can sprinkle it with your favorite shredded cheese and sour cream. Serve with fresh out of the oven corn bread or oyster crackers. Yum!
What do you put in your chili to make it sizzle?
Find me on: