With the holidays right around the corner and Halloween candy in the pantry calling to me these peanut butter balls satisfy any sweet tooth. These tasty little treats are compliments of my mom’s toying with ingredients until she came up with the perfect recipe. My entire family can eat these when they want something sweet and I am happy because they are getting healthy ingredients. Always keep these on hand and you will never feel deprived!
Ingredients (Makes 16 balls)
- 2/3 cup natural peanut butter, we use this. This has no added sugar and a minimal amount of sea salt … nothing else!
- 1/2 cup honey. We always use local honey because there is research that suggests using local honey can reduce seasonal allergies (anything is worth a try right), not to mention all the health benefits raw, unfiltered honey provides us.
- 2 scoops protein powder, we use this.
- 6 tbsp ground flaxseed, we use this.
- 5 tbsp dark chocolate chips, we use these. The higher the % cacao the better for your health.
- Mix peanut butter and honey together.
- Mix ground flaxseed and protein powder together.
- Thoroughly combine peanut butter mix and flaxseed mix.
- Fold in dark chocolate chips.
- Spoon out golf ball sized portions of the mix & roll into balls.
- Place on wax paper laid out on a cookie sheet.
- Put the cookie sheet in the freezer. Let sit for at least 2 hours before enjoying. Keep them in the freezer and enjoy as you wish!
What is your favorite healthy treat?
Find me on: