In a hurry and looking for something quick and filling? Prepare this the night before and voilà, a tasty, filling, healthy meal you can eat at home or eat on the go.
- ½ cup uncooked old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (can use low-fat milk instead)
- ¼ cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup of berries (can use any kind of berry you like: raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries. I buy a frozen mix of these berries to save money and as they thaw out in the fridge overnight they will flavor the oatmeal without needing sweeteners.)
In a Mason jar or glass food storage container mix oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, vanilla extract until well combined. Add berries on top of the mix, cover and refrigerate overnight. These last up to 3 days in the fridge so you can make a few in advance for the week. No need to cook, just enjoy. These are great when you are in a hurry and need to grab something quick to go. You can even try changing it up by adding different fruit like bananas, apples, peaches, mango. If you need some extra protein you can add almonds or walnuts to it in the morning when you eat it.
What ingredients do you love in your oatmeal?
Find me on: